COMPANY LAW IN CAMEROON / COMPANY LITIGATION/RECOVERY. / COMPANY MATTERS IN CAMEROON
With the harmonisation of business rules and procedures in Africa, some 16 African countries decided to come together and form an organisation known by its French acronym as OHADA with the main aim of protecting and promoting business among the member countries. It is made up of several Acts and one of such acts is the Uniform Act on Commercial Companies and Economic Interest Groups.
This Act lays down the governing rules and procedures to be used with regard to Commercial Companies. Cameroon being a signatory to this Organisation follows the same rules and procedures governing business within the member States.
Our Law Firm has the necessary know-how and experience on these rules and procedures. Because of our quality services, we have been able to satisfy and impress many of our clients both national and international with all their company matters.
We have at our disposal modern Memorandum and Articles of Association in English and French.
Our services in company matters and general commercial law include but not limited to the following:
- Incorporation of companies (all the various types of companies);
- Drafting of Memorandum and Articles of Association;
- Obtention of tax payer’s cards for companies;
- Drafting of the minutes of board meetings;
- Drafting of the minutes of extraordinary and ordinary meetings of company general assemblies;
- Providing advice with respect to fair and unfair competition under Cameroon law;
- Formalities related to the modification of the share capital;
- Formalities for the modification of Memorandum and Articles of Association;
- Transfer of shares through gifts, sales, etc;
- Mergers of companies, acquisition of companies;
- Registration of mortgages and other securities at the Trade and Personal Property Credit Registry;
- Drafting of Share Transfer Agreements among shareholders or between shareholders and third parties;
- General advice with respect to all types of company and company-related matters;
- Company investigations in order to avoid scamming and scammers;
- M & A projects;
- Registration of companies at the Ministry of Commerce to facilitate their international transactions (IMPORT/EXPORT);
- Registration of Companies at the national insurance fund as well as employees of the companies.