With respect to Telecommunication in Cameroon, the Managing Partner of our Firm Barrister NGOUANA had the opportunity to work in the team of experts that prepared the laws governing Cyber Security, Cyber criminality and electronic communications in Cameroon.
Besides the Ministry of Post and Telecommunications that regulates the telecommunication sector, we have the TELECOMMUNICATIONS REGULATORY BOARD well known by its French acronym ART (Agence de Regulation des Telecommunications).
The telecommunication sector is in constant development in Cameroon and is well targeted by many companies arriving in Cameroon to develop their business activities.
Many laws and decrees regulate telecommunications in Cameroon viz:
- Law number 98/014 of 14 JULY, 1998 governing TELECOMMUNICATIONS IN CAMEROON;
- LAW number 98/013 of JULY 14 1998 governing COMPETITION IN CAMEROON;
- LAW number 2001/010 of JULY 23, 2001 INSTITUTING A MINIMUM SERVICE IN THE TELECOMMUNICATION SECTOR IN CAMEROON;
- DECREE number 98/197/PR of SEPTEMBER 8, 1998 LAYING DOWN THE ORGANIZATION AND FUNCTIONING OF THE TELECOMMUNICATIONS REGULATORY BOARD IN CAMEROON;
- DECREE number 98/198 of SEPTEMBER 8, 1998 TO SET UP THE CAMEROON TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION;
- DECREE number 2001/830/PM of SEPTEMBER 19, 2001 DEFINING THE MODALITIES FOR AUTHORIZING THE EXPLOITATION OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS NETWORKS IN CAMEROON;
- DECREE number 2001/831/PM of SEPTEMBER 19, 2001 DEFINING THE MODALITIES FOR AUTHORIZING THE SUPPLY OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS SERVICES IN CAMEROON;
- MINISTERIAL ORDER number 00000007/MPT of JULY 16, 2001 DEFINING AND REGULATING THE ACTIVITIES OF THE SALE OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS EQUIPMENT IN CAMEROON;
- MINISTERIAL ORDER number 00000008/MPT of JULY 16, 2001 RELATING TO THE HOMOLOGATION OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS NETWORK EQUIPMENT IN CAMEROON;
- MINISTERIAL ORDER number 00000009/MPT of JULY 16, 2001 LAYING DOWN THE REGULATION OF INSTALLATION ACTIVITIES AND/OR SERVICE PROVIDERS IN THE TELECOMMUNICATIONS SECTOR IN CAMEROON AND OUTLINING THE CONDITIONS FOR THE REALISATION OF PRIVATE TELECOMMUNICATIONS NETWORKS IN CAMEROON;
- DECISION number 000179/MPT/SG/DPE of OCTOBER 07, DESIGNING AND ATTRIBUTING A TEMPORAL LOCAL SERVICE PROVIDER ACCESS TO THE CAMEROONIAN TELECOMMUNICATIONS SPACE;
- MINISTERIAL ORDER number 00000005/MPT of MAY 18, 2001 DEFINING THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS OF THE CAMEROON TELECOMMUNICATION CORPORATION (CAMTEL) ON INTER-URBAN TELECOMMUNICATIONS TRANSMISSIONS IN CAMEROON;
- MINISTERIAL ORDER number 080/MINEFI/MINPT of FEBRUARY 20, 2002 RELATING TO THE RIGHTS, FEES, CONTRIBUTIONS AND ROYALTIES PAID TO THE CAMEROON TELECOMMUNICATIONS REGULATORY BOARD, etc.
Our Approach to Texas Commercial Litigation and Business Disputes
Our Law Firm offers several services with respect to Telecommunications:
- General counselling in telecommunications;
- Follow-up of procedures to avoid sanctions or authorizations and licences withdrawal;
- Due diligence;
- Obtention of licences and authorizations in the telecommunication sector in Cameroon;
- Renewals of licences and authorizations in telecommunications in Cameroon;
Matters We Handle, Legal Fees — and Your Next Steps
- Assistance for the obtention of Licence and authorization for the exploitation of all categories of telecommunication network in Cameroon (first, second and third category);
- Assistance for the obtention of Licence and authorization for sellers of telecommunications equipment in Cameroon;
- Breach of contract
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Business torts
- Deceptive trade practices
- Covenants not to compete
- Partnership disputes
- Unfair competition
- Fraudulent transfer, and
- Tortious interference.
- Follow-up of the homologation procedure of telecommunications equipment on behalf of companies (manufacturers, local representatives of manufacturers, sellers or private users) in Cameroon;
- Assistance for the obtention of Licence and authorization for service providers in telecommunication in Cameroon;